Saturday, August 15, 2015

There are Good Days!

Over the past 23 yrs since our Motor Vehicle Accident and the return of my seizures and the loss of my mother and siblings it has hit me very hard.  There was an incident about 2-3wks ago I swear I was about 4 glasses of water away from the here after. BUT my counsellor, hubby, my boys and a friend that has come back into my life stopped me and I'm sure it is because she knows I need her even if I didn't at first.


She also suffers from a debilitating condition and suffers from a cloak of a different color.  She is much younger than I am, yet is wiser than me be far.  She brought to me today a gift and if I had a cell phone I would take a picture of it.  Inside MY little box were sticky notes with words on them as she saw me.  She didn't want me to read them as we were going out for lunch, but also in the box was stones with words on them like: Believe, Courage, Strength, Peace, Patience, Love.  Then there were about half dozen small smooth blk stones and she told me that when I can't carry the larger ones, when things feel too heavy then take one of these tiny stones to smooth away the fears. I have never had anyone bring me such an aw inspiring gift and all it took was some rocks, sticky notes and words of encouragement. 


Thank you my friend, you will help those not so good days brighten up with nothing from you but one small box full of love & friendship.


So from the words she wrote on some of the sticky notes is: What I learnt today- is - That I'm awesome - Today is a new start - Nothing stays the same - Look after yourself - Love - Believe in myself  and most of all the last one I read was YOU MAKE MY DAY.  So today was a very good day thanks to my buddy.  Oh did I tell you some of the sticky notes were in the shape of a thumbs up sign.  Love it.


Anyone out there help any day, I will do what I can to help and if means making you a special treasure box with special notes and sayings in it, then I'm your gal. 


Have a great wkend Love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment